CIPFA is the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy and is the world’s only professional accountancy body to specialise in public services, making the CIPFA qualification a great foundation for a career in public finance.
CIPFA’s 14,000 members work throughout the public services, in national audit agencies, in major accountancy firms, and in other bodies where public money needs to be effectively and efficiently managed.
CIPFA Live Online
Kaplan currently offer CIPFA courses delivered via the Live Online learning method, delivered by WebEx. Live Online allows students to study online from anywhere in the world with a fully interactive learning platform delivered live by our expert tutors. Live Online has the following benefits for students:
- Structure and flexibility - If you miss a live lecture you have the flexibility to catch-up in your own time using the recorded lecture facility
- Schedule - Live Online lectures follow the same format and timings of a classroom course with the added benefit of being able to replay on demand
- Expert tutors - Fully interactive live lectures delivered directly to you by expert tutors via webinar sessions
- Low cost to study - all study materials and learning resources are included online at no extra cost to students!
- Live Online Community - interact with fellow students and your tutor via your own Live Online network
- Lifetime Pass Guarantee - We’re so confident that you’ll achieve CIPFA success with Kaplan that we offer a Lifetime Pass guarantee: in the unlikely event that you’re unsuccessful in a paper you may be eligible to attend unlimited courses at no extra cost until you pass your exam.
Our CIPFA courses include:
- CIPFA material
- Highest quality tuition
- Lecture recordings re-playable on demand
CIPFA Live Online Induction
This presentation will be useful to any CIPFA students new to studying with Kaplan Live Online and or just starting their CIPFA studies. The start of the presentation explains the Kaplan Live Online courses and what you can expect as a Kaplan student. Steve Daniels from CIPFA then gives a presentation about CIPFA including exam processes and IPDS requirements.
Important! At the moment WebEx is not accessible from mobile devices such as tablets and mobile phones. This is something we’re working towards with WebEx. View the full system requirements or test whether your system is compatible with WebEx.
Who are our CIPFA courses suitable for?
CIPFA is the world's only professional accountancy body to specialise in public services, making the CIPFA qualification a great foundation for a career in public finance. CIPFA's unique combination of technical accounting and managerial skills is highly prized in many areas of business and commerce making the skills you learn highly transportable between both public and private sectors.
Students interested in studying towards the CIPFA qualification may work in any one of the following organisations:
- Local Authorities
- Central Government
- Further and Higher Education
- Private Organisations (such as accountancy practices which service public organisations)
CIPFA New Syllabus
CIPFA are introducing a revised syllabus starting with Professional Certificate for new students in 2015 and followed by Professional Diploma and Strategic Levels in 2016. Kaplan will be working with CIPFA to ensure that all our courses are taught in line with the syllabus changes.
More information on the CIPFA syllabus changes >