Aim of the syllabus
Level 3 (Level 6 in Scotland) is the intermediary level of the AAT Accounting Qualification. It introduces you to more complex accounting tasks, such as maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns.
This course is perfect if you’ve completed Level 2, or you’re already at a more intermediate level and looking to develop existing accounting skills.
- Accounts Preparation (ACPR)
- Prepare Final Accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships (FSTP)
- Cost & Revenues (CSTR)
- Indirect Tax (ITX)
- Professional Ethics (PETH)
- Spreadsheet Software (SDST)
- 5 Computer Based Tests (CBTs)
- 1 Project
Study time required
This will depend on the student, but we tend to recommend roughly six hours of study per week. You should aim to finish Level 3* within 6-12 months.