CFA exam Structure and Contents
The exam consists of three levels, each of which must be passed before progressing to the next. There are no time limits for completing all three levels.
- The Level I CFA exam is sat in both June and December of each year
- The Level II and III exams are only available in June of each year
- The CFA exam date is the first Saturday in the month
Content of the CFA exam
- All three levels consist of two three hour papers taken on same day
- The CFA Institute recommends preparation time of at least 250 hours per level
- The CFA Institute reserves the right to slightly vary the weights in each exam
Back to the International CFA® page
CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by Kaplan Financial. CFA Institute, CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.