Our sister company, Kaplan Open Learning, offers an online mentoring service which includes:
- Live online inductions
- Online learning environment and resources
- Online library
- Online mentoring including three virtual one-to-one meetings to discuss progress
- Online presentations delivered by students
- Research and Analysis Guide published by Kaplan and approved by Oxford Brookes University
Our online mentors have successfully completed the Oxford Brookes mentoring course which is designed to equip them with the knowledge and skills required to provide the best possible support to their mentees.
System Requirements: Our online learning environment consists of Moodle, Adobe Connect and Skype. A reliable broadband connection, a webcam and a headset are essential.
70% of students who were mentored online by Kaplan Open Learning and submitted their Research and Analysis Project in May 2013 achieved a pass grade. This is significantly higher than the university's average global and UK pass rates which were 53% and 52% respectively for the same submission period. We are also proud to say that one of the student we mentored online for the November 2012 submission period won the Matthew Sykes Memorial Prize for the best Research and Analysis Project.
Enrolments are now being taken for the May 2014 submission deadline. Our next course start date is on 6th January 2014.
Kaplan also provides formal 3 day courses spread over five to six months in London. You'll be able to contact your Project Mentor between these dates if you require further advice and support. You will also receive the Kaplan Publishing Oxford Brookes Research and Analysis Guide text book, approved by the University, to guide you through the process.
- Day 1 - introduction covering detailed regulations and requirements, report writing skills and the critical selection of project title to suit your requirements
- Day 2 - individual one to one meetings between you and your Project Mentor to check your progress, resolve obstacles and discuss research findings to date
- Day 3 - 20 minute presentation to the Project Mentor and peer group, with individual meetings after the presentations
Find out more about Classroom Mentoring by contacting the London centre by email or on +44(0) 207 403 7979.
In addition you will be required to pay a submission fee of currently £185 directly to Oxford Brookes University.
To be awarded the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Be registered with Oxford Brookes University before passing any of the three ACCA Fundamentals papers, F7, F8 and F9
- Pass the three ACCA Fundamentals papers F7, F8 and F9 and pass other papers as required to successfully complete all nine Fundamentals level papers
- Complete the ACCA Professional Ethics module
- Complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project
The degree must be completed within 10 years of your initial registration onto ACCA’s professional qualification otherwise your eligibility will be withdrawn.