Aim of the syllabus
E2 emphasises a holistic, integrated approach to managing organisations,
from external and internal perspectives. It builds on the understanding of
organisational structuring gained from E1 and is centred on the concept of
strategy and how organisational strategy can be implemented through people,
projects, processes and relationships. It provides the basis for developing
further insights into how to formulate and implement organisational strategy,
which is covered in E3.
- Introduction to strategic management and assessing the global environment (30%)
- The human aspects of the organisation (20%)
- Managing relationships (20%)
- Managing change through projects (20%).
To progress to the Strategic Level you must have passed all 3 Objective Tests (E2, P2 and F2) and the Integrated Case Study from the Management Level.
Every learning outcome will be tested in the exam.
- Degree students may qualify for exemptions from the Management Level depending on the content of your degree.
- E2 topics will be underpinning knowledge in the E3 paper.
Find out more about exemptions.