Aim of the syllabus
E2 moves towards a holistic, integrated view of management across an organisation.
Building on important concepts in strategic management, this paper develops tools and techniques for identifying key types of competitive environments. Project management skills and tools are also addressed.
The paper also introduces the skills and tools needed to work with, manage and develop teams. This includes both the legal aspects of managing individuals, as well as the softer elements of negotiation and leadership skills.
- Strategic management and assessing the competitive environment (30%)
- Project management (40%)
- Management of relationships (30%).
- Resit exam date: 29th August 2014
- Exam entry dates: find out more
- Exam duration: 3 hours, plus 20 minutes of pre-exam reading time.
The E2 exam is divided in to 2 sections.
Section A 50 marks: five compulsory medium answer questions, each worth ten marks. Short scenarios may be given, to which some or all questions relate.
Section B 50 marks: one or two compulsory questions. Short scenarios may be given, to which questions relate.
The required pass mark is 50%.
- Degree students may qualify for exemptions from the Management Level depending on the content of your degree.
- It is recommended that you sit and pass paper E1 before attempting E2.
- E2 topics will be underpinning knowledge in the E3 paper.
Find out more about exemptions.