- How long does it take to complete a Higher Apprenticeship? Typically between 18 and 24 months
- What does the Apprenticeship involve? It combines a mix of work-based training and assessments, alongside taught lectures, either online or at one of our training centres. A computer based assessment is sat after each paper (five in total)
- What are the different study methods? Classroom or Live Online - perfect if you can’t make it to a training centre or want to study from work or home
- What are the different course options? Day release, evening or weekend at Kaplan training centres. Or day release or evening for Live Online. Typical lesson times are 09:30 - 16:00 and 18:00 - 20:30
- How many hours will I be working/studying? You need to be working at least 30 hours per week to be eligible for the Apprenticeship. You’ll also be studying 6-12 evenings or 3-6 six days (day release/weekend) per paper. There will of course be homework too!
- When do courses start? Courses start all year round, so you can start at anytime. You don’t have to sit papers in chronological order, so check the timetables to find out which paper is beginning next and take that as your starting point.
What happens next?
- If you think an Apprenticeship is for you, call our Customer Services team on 01908 540069. We’ll confirm your details and, if you’re eligible, send out an application form for you to complete
- Once you’ve returned the form to us, one of our Apprenticeship Coordinators will be in touch to arrange a time and a date to visit you. This is so we can run through the application process and check all the paperwork
- If your application is approved, your place on the Apprenticeship will usually be confirmed within a week, although this can take longer depending on your circumstances.
*Free training for 16-18, partial costs covered, plus employer contribution and exam registration fees for those aged 19+. Funding subject to eligibility and government restrictions, terms and conditions apply. Exam fees not included.
^Available for new part-time students only. Full terms and conditions apply.