Aim of the syllabus
To introduce knowledge and understanding of the business and its environment and the influence this has on how organisations are structured and on the role of the accounting and other key business functions in contributing to the efficient, effective and ethical management and development of an organisation and its people and systems.
- The business organisation, its stakeholders and the external environment
- Business organisational structure, functions and governance
- Accounting and reporting systems, controls and compliance
- The formation and constitution of business organisation
- Leading and managing individuals and teams
- Personal effectiveness and communication
- Professional ethics in accounting and business
Computer Based Exam (CBE)
Knowledge Module exams can be sat by computer at your local Kaplan centre:
- Available all year round (subject to availability)
- Multiple choice questions
- 2 hour exam with a pass mark of 50%
- You can sit this, with up to three other papers in any one exam sitting
Computer Based Exams consist of multi-task questions (MTQs). MTQs contain a series of tasks for students to complete, tasks which relate to one or more scenarios.
Find out more about the new MTQs and Computer Based Exams.
Paper Based Exam (PBE)
You can also sit this exam at your local ACCA exam centre. June 2015 exam sitting is the last time that Paper Based Exams will be available for F1.
Find out more about exam entry dates >
You may be able to receive exemptions from papers in the Knowledge module. If you have completed the AAT, FIA or CAT qualification, you could be exempt from all three papers.
Find out more about exemptions >