Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA)
Kaplan Financial has undergone a Higher Education Review (for alternative providers) by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) and have received its final report, which is available in full at: www.qaa.ac.uk/InstitutionReports/Reports/Pages/REO-Kaplan-Financial-12.aspx.
The QAA review team formed the following judgements about the higher education provision at Kaplan Financial
- The maintenance of the academic standards of awards on behalf of its awarding organisations meets UK expectations
- The quality of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
The QAA review team identified the following features of good practice at Kaplan Financial
- The effectiveness of Kaplan Training Academy's support and development for new staff across all centres (Expectation B3).
The QAA review team makes the following recommendations to Kaplan Financial
- develop and implement an appropriate teaching and learning strategy to enhance the quality of academic delivery and the student learning experience (Expectations B3 and Enhancement)
- establish a process to build upon the existing student feedback procedures on all delivery channels (Expectation B5)
- develop a robust internal moderation process to enable students to achieve the intended learning outcomes for the credit or qualification being sought (Expectation B6)
- develop and implement a formal process to ensure regular and systematic monitoring and review of all programmes of study across all centres (Expectation B8)
- strengthen the organisational engagement with the Quality Code to enhance
Kaplan Financial's action plan to maintain areas of good practice and address the recommendations highlighted by the QAA review team can be found here.